Dear friends, please be aware that the following recipe contains a shit load of sugar, fat and chocolate. Basically all the good stuff. As you may have guessed, this is not a healthy recipe. I repeat: THIS IS NOT A HEALTHY RECIPE. Common side effects may include overeating, prolonged cheat days and a serious chocolate addiction – which I won’t be held responsible for. Please enjoy these muffins at your own risk and in reasonable amounts. Also, please share them with your friends and family. They will love you forever. You’re welcome.
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk of your choice (I used rice milk)
- 150 g (2/3 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 80 g (0.4 cup) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 g (2 cups) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 200 g (16 bars) Kinder Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 12 Kinder Schoko-Bons
- Preheat oven to 170 C (325 F) and line muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- In a large bowl beat the milk, butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract until you have a smooth batter.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate until evenly dispersed.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cases until half full. Press one Schoko-Bon per muffin into the muffin cases and add more batter on top until two-thirds full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until the sponge bounces back when touched and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave the muffins cool for a few minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.