Do you like the combination of sweet and salty? Do you think Pretzel M&M’s are one of mankind’s most ingenious inventions? I see we’ll get along perfectly 😉 If you also prefer your food healthy and dairy-free, you’ll love this recipe. It’s the perfect combo of sweet, salty, crunchy and creamy and my favorite treat this summer.
This recipe was inspired by one by CHLOE which I’ve modified to make it even more delicious (in my opinion).
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 – 3 tbsp water
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled, sliced and frozen
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ cup pretzels, crushed
- 2 – 4 tbsp non-dairy milk
- A handful crushed peanuts and pretzels for topping
Salted Caramel Sauce
- Put dates in a bowl and add hot water. Let them soak for 10 minutes.
Drain water from the dates.
- Place dates and salt in food processor and blend on high speed. Add as much water as necessary until the sauce has a smooth consistency. Set aside.
Peanut Pretzel Nice Cream
- Place frozen bananas, peanut butter and 1 tbsp non-dairy milk in food processor or blender. Blend until creamy and smooth. Add more milk if necessary.
- Put nice cream mixture in a freezer safe container. Pour caramel sauce on top and swirl with a fork into the nice cream.
- Top with crushed peanuts and pretzels and serve immediately. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite sweet and salty combo? Please let me know in the comment section below.