Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Unfortunately I don’t always have the time to prepare a smoothie or muesli and sit down to eat. These breakfast cookies are perfect for the busy days. They’re packed with healthy ingredients, vegan and sooo delicious. The cookies will only take about 20 minutes to make. You can even make them ahead of time and eat them throughout the week. After all, you’ll need the vitamins and fibres to be the awesome person you are and kick ass. And cookies for breakfast? Definitely for winners!
Makes 10 – 12 cookies
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups oats
- ½ cup cashew butter (or any nut butter you like)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Pour chia seeds into a small bowl, cover them with water and let them soak for at least 5 minutes.
- Mash the bananas and put them into another bowl.
- Add all the ingredients including the soaked chia seeds and give it a good stir until everything is combined evenly.
- Bake at 180 C (350 F) for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely on a wire rack. You can store them in an airtight container up to 5 days.