This is one of my favorite go to snacks when I’m craving something salty. Homemade popcorn is a healthy alternative to anything the junk food aisle may offer and certainly doesn’t lack in taste. This recipe is super easy to make and perfect for lazy Netflix sunday afternoons.
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (110g)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- a dash of cumin
- Add coconut oil and popcorn kernels in a microwave safe bowl or container and give it a stir. Microwave it for approx. 30 seconds until the oil melts and give it another stir.
- Place a plate on the bowl or close the lid (depending on the container you’re using) and run it for about 2 – 3 minutes until all the popcorn has finished popping. When all is silent, remove the bowl from the microwave. Be careful and use an oven glove for it might be very hot.
- Add salt, paprika and a dash of cumin and stir everything to make sure the spices and oil are spread evenly.
- Thank the universe for popcorn and dig in!